How to Celebrate Valentine's Day #SingleEdition
Updated: Sep 25, 2019
To some, Valentine's Day is just like any other day, but to others it's the "International Day of Love". A lot of those who may be single, find themselves dreading this holiday and all the gushiness that it entails. Nothing slaps you in your SINGLE face like Valentine's Day. I remember being that girl in the past that envied every post I saw but nowadays they make me smile.
One thing that I have learned in this thing called life is that WHAT IS MEANT FOR YOU, WILL ALWAYS BE FOR YOU. What that means is this, if you're single, it's meant for you to be single at this exact moment in your life. That doesn't mean something is wrong with you, it could simply mean that life hasn't found someone yet who deserves you and will treat you how you deserve to be treated. OR if you're anything like me, relationships sometimes distract you, so maybe life isn't rewarding you with one just yet, until you accomplish the things that life has set for you. Some people think that if you're alone, you're miserable but some of the happiest people I know are the ones who chose to be alone.
So with all of that being said, let me give you some pointers on how to make this upcoming holiday a blast for you and your single friends.
1) Throw a "I'm Single & I'm Happy Party/Dinner/Get Together"
* This is such a cute idea for those who don't want to celebrate alone. So why not have a get together with your friends? You can all get dressed up and color coordinate, take cute pictures, have drinks, watch movies and talk about how shitty guys can be lol jk but not really. Nothing beats having fun and being surrounded by friends who won't make fun of you for being single.
2) Treat YOURSELF
* This is a great day to splurge on yourself. Take yourself shopping and get your hair/nails done. Why depend on a boyfriend/girlfriend when you can treat yourself to exactly what you want ON YOUR TIME?! I am a firm believer that if you look good, you'll feel good and feeling good is all that truly matters anyway.
3) Spend VDAY with your Family
* The holiday's are always a great time to be around your loved ones. What better way than to celebrate this holiday than treating your family to cute mini Valentine's day gifts. Your local dollar store is STOCKED with cute V-Day trinkets that are sure to put a smile on your families face. Trust me! Sometimes the littlest things make the biggest difference.
* Nothing makes you feel more humble and happy like that of community service. So go volunteer some time at your local YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, homeless shelter, etc. When surrounded by those who are less fortunate, it is a good reminder of how minor your everyday worries are. You'll feel crazy that you're worried about being single while others are worrying about the necessities like finding shelter, clothing, food, etc. Be a blessing to others and karma will reward you!
Hopefully some of these tips will make this holiday something to look forward too!